Just in time for Thanksgiving, here are four flavorful, rich, and satisfying Sexy Forever recipes to wow your family and friends this holiday season. When I said this eating plan was versatile, I wasn't kidding! In addition to the incredible Thanksgiving Turkey with Tarragon Gravy recipe below, be sure to also try delicious side dishes like my Mushroom Sausauge Stuffing
, Celery Root Puree With Crispy Fried Onions
, and Shredded Brussels Sprouts With Lime
. Remember that you can also use my All-Natural Somersweet
to replace the sugar in everything from cranberry sauce to your favorite pies and other desserts! Thanksgiving Turkey with Tarragon Gravy
- 14 pounds turkey
- 6 tablespoon butter, (3/4 stick), softened
- 2 bunch(es) tarragon, fresh, chopped
- pepper, black, freshly ground
- 8 cup(s) broth, chicken, or stock, preferably homemade
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Remove the giblets from the turkey. Rinse the bird and pat it dry. Fill the cavity of the turkey with 6 cups of stuffing (see Mushroom Sausage Stuffing recipe). Rub the outside of the turkey with 3 tablespoons of butter, the tarragon, salt, and pepper.
3. Pour 6 cups of the broth into the bottom of the roasting pan. Bake the turkey for about 4 hours, basting every 30 minutes or so. If the bird starts getting too brown, cover with a foil tent. (Check for doneness with a meat thermometer - it should register somewhere between 162 degrees F and 170 degrees F.)
4. When the turkey is cooked, remove it from the pan and keep warm. Pour off all but 2 to 3 tablespoons of the fat in the roasting pan.
5. Heat the remaining 2 cups broth. Place the roasting pan on the stovetop over high heat and add the hot broth, scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
6. Reduce by half and remove from the heat. Add the remaining butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until well combined.